What type of cases does Newkirk Zwagerman help with?
Newkirk Zwagerman Law Firm represents employees, and there are many different types of employment laws designed to protect workers. Newkirk Zwagerman Law Firm has represented employees in all of the following areas:
1. Title VII and other federal laws which prohibit discrimination in employment based on race sex, national origin or religion.
2. Title IX which prohibits discrimination in education, including athletics.
3. Equal Pay Act which requires that employees to be paid equally for performing very similar jobs no matter what their gender.
4. Americans with Disability Act which prohibits discrimination against individuals with a disability.
5. Age Discrimination in Employment Act which prohibits discrimination based on age.
6. Family Medical Leave Act which prohibits some employers from firing or changing job duties of employees who take time off work for personal or family medical reasons.
7. Iowa Civil Rights Act which prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age and retaliation.