Phone: (515) 883-2000
Beatriz Mate-Kodjo grew up in Pella, Iowa and graduated from Pella Community High School. She graduated from Central College in Pella.
Following her undergraduate studies, Beatriz attended Drake University Law School and graduated in 2014. She was admitted to practice law in the State of Iowa in 2014. During her last year of law school, Beatriz also enrolled in the College of Business and Public Administration at Drake graduating with her MBA during her first year of law practice in 2015.
Beatriz worked at several Des Moines law firms during school. In the summer of 2012, she traveled to Ghana, in West Africa, to live and clerk in Accra. In addition to working, her hours of public service qualified her to receive the public service certificate upon graduation. Beatriz was a law clerk at Newkirk Zwagerman for over a year before being hired as an associate in 2014. Beatriz is currently a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Iowa NELA, the Iowa State Bar Association, Iowa Association for Justice, and Polk County Women Attorneys.
Beatriz enjoys spending time with her daughter and playing soccer.
- Title IX in Higher Education
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault in Higher Education
- Sexual Harassment
- Implicit Race and Gender Bias
- Servicios Legales:
- Ley de empleo
- Casos de discriminación
- Representación de trabajadores hispanohablantes en casos de discriminación de país de origen, color, raza, y etnicidad
- Acoso y hostigamiento sexual en el trabajo
State of Iowa (2014)
U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa (2015)
U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa (2015)
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan (2018)
U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit (2018)
- Drake University Law School, J.D.
- Public Service Certificate
- Drake University College of Business and Public Administration, M.B.A.
- Central College – Pella, Iowa, B.A. International Studies with an emphasis in African Studies and Spanish double major (2011)
- Alpha Zeta Mu; Pi Sigma Alpha
- Publication: Kwame Nkrumah: Harbinger of African Independence (Central College Writing Anthology 2011)
Civic & Volunteer Activities:
Board of Directors, Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Board of Directors, Urban Dreams
Iowa Supreme Court Grievance Commission